Monday, July 5, 2010

Waka Waka Spain!

Spanish Goal keeper receiving a kiss from his tv journalist girlfrien after the match


So, Spain won against Paraguay in a quarter final that began as dull and drab and ended up quite remarkably. I want Spain to win the World Cup!! Reason? One can easily get away with not having reasons for anything being a favourite….I mean this has been such an upsetting World Cup. Ghana, Argentina and even Brazil….talk about technique based pre tournament predictions.
I mean how many times we haven’t seen cricket analysts’ analysis proving to be like the weather updates from the MET office.

But yes I do have a sympathetic shadow in my heart for Spain because, they have never gone beyond the semi finals in World Cup history…and then they are the European Champions so why not world champs??

It is quite useless to evaluate teams on the basis of technique too. Any thing can happen in cricket ditto foot ball . It is speculative business and I don’t blame people who like to gamble over sport… not that I mean there is nothing wrong with gambling but you know what I mean.

No point in prolonging the non sense, I will just leave you with what the Paraguay’s football coach said before the match between his team and Spain.
Gerardo Martino-Paraguay Coach
Gerardo Martino said:

“But you see in this kind of tournament, it's not just who plays better, but who has the heart, who has the stamina, the wish, who has the fighting spirit and it can come down to one scoring opportunity."

Hence, Waka Waka Spain!!

Spanish team memebers celebrating the Goal moment. They beat Paraguay 1-0 in the qaurter final.

No comments:

Post a Comment