Thursday, December 31, 2009

Good Bye 2009 Or Hello 2010?



Well for me it never works to plan things. Its best to take things and yes accept them too as they come. Briefly it would be okay to say that my quest for getting to know my ownself better in the year that went by continued. The best part is I can't say if I was successful or miserably failed. But I tried. Isn't that great!!!


Do I have any regrets? Yes I have one. Just an hour ago I was being called by someone from a spooky phone number but I couldn't receive it because I was on air. That person never called me back! and surprisingly I can't get back either.


No use reviewing the year. You would be able to watch and read plenty of related material. I was touched by some overseas greetings...people who remembered me despite the fact that I am no longer part of their lives ....physically atleast. Out of sight out of mind is not always true...hehe!!


That day, I went to deliver a lecture at a university to boys and girls in their mid twenties....it was nice to come across enrolled students ......I think every age group has its own characteristics that appear, stay and then disappear automatically. There is something intoxicting about youth...may be its the arrogance.....Its plain enigmatic.


No new year resolutions but a pledge within myself to keep the romance in life alive! The rikshaw driver the night before , halted by the roadside and pointed out towards the moon to tell me how beautiful he thought it was and that he could see a reflection of a human face in it. I had to pop up my head out in the cold and look for it. It was beautiful. But the rickshaw wallah taught me alot. SOmething on the lines of ...stop by and take the time to smell the roses!


Here are some new year quotes that you might enjoy........... Happy New Year All!!


Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right. ~Oprah Winfrey


In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship, but never in want. -traditional Irish toast


New Year's is a harmless annual institution, of no particular use to anybody save as a scapegoat for promiscuous drunks, and friendly calls and humbug resolutions. -Mark Twain


One More!


Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account. -Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment