Tuesday, November 17, 2009

DISCOURSE


So now I am reminded of the Irish Village, a cafe in Dubai ....well I never wanted to review any restaurant on this space but I have to admit it was a place that totally transcends the expectation that its name might create for the visitor....Ok a bad example but let me tell you that even the toilets in the bar were without any wash....that speaks for the mangement's drive to give an authentic taste of Ireland!

The baby potatoes were nice, people who were either too engrosed in their conversations or too high to talk and so could only sing or laugh to the live guitar strings being plucked by a singer I really don't know about, were equally interesting.. you surely could make the most of Dubai's sultry evenings there.....

Normally its very easy for me not to overhear conversations going on around me. Either I donot have the ear or don't have the craft. But at times there is that compelling topic that wakes me up from my day dreaming in cafes.

"Did you do the Istikhaara( consulting GOD through Prayer before making a decision) before getting married?" asks one man to the other sitting across him.

Both nearly the same age around 35. Looking like boss and subordinate sitting across each other in a cafe here in Lahore that has tables placed very close to each other. People supposed to be elite frequent it.

The one being questioned hastily answers: "I didn't but the girl's side did it"....the look in his eyes saying "its too late now!".

But the man asking the question , who appeared to have mastered tackling marital affairs - his demeanour suggested that he had accepted to travel the rocky roads that many say wedlocks put one on. But he wouldn't budge and would continue to give others some strange food for thought.

I donot know why they created it? It has put us into so much trouble....believe me I haven't bought a Canali suit for two years now ...that's why I don't live here....This man , on the wrong side of 40, telling a woman who he addressed as madam frequently....and she was indifferent to the insults being hurled at her country ( Pakistan) munching on her battered fries....

Day dreaming is so much better than to over hear people say stuff that one would not want to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment